NCCCO Virtual Meeting Code of Conduct
NCCCO is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and NCCCO staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, NCCCO staff members, guests, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Meeting Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all NCCCO-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than NCCCO but held in conjunction with NCCCO events, on public or private platforms.
NCCCO has a zero-tolerance policy for unacceptable behavior (as defined below) or any form of discrimination or harassment at our meetings, including but not limited to, any sexual harassment by participants or NCCCO staff. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, NCCCO asks that you inform our Coordinator, Administrative Complaints, at email@example.com so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Inappropriate comments, chat messages or abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, NCCCO staff member, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of inappropriate comments, chat messages or abuse include, but are not limited to, comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, NCCCO staff member, or other meeting guest.
- Improper disruption of presentations during sessions or at other events organized by NCCCO throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any NCCCO virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages containing that contain improperly promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. NCCCO reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially to ban the sources of those solicitations.
In addition, without prior written consent from NCCCO, participants should not copy or take screen shots of activity that takes place in the virtual space.
NCCCO reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary or appropriate in response to any for violations of the foregoing code of conduct, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning. NCCCO reserves the right to prohibit persons from attending any future meeting, virtually or in person.